|Secretary General of the Habilian Association (families of Iranian terror victims) Seyyed Mohammad Javad Hasheminejad said on Tuesday that the US decision to delist Mujahedin Khalq Organization from the list of terrorists is in line with Washington’s Iran campaign.|
He made the comments in an interview with IRNA news agency on the sidelines of the second Meeting of the Press and News Agencies of the Union of the Islamic World which kicked off in Tehran on Tuesday.
Hasheminejad said Iran’s list of martyrs mounted to 17,160 by martyrdom of Ahmadi Roshan, the Iranian nuclear scientist.
On September 21, US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton passed Public Notice 8050, de-listing the MKO from the State Department’s Specially Designated Global Terrorist list, effective September 28.
“Although US had been seriously supporting MKO before the decision, now they openly defend and support this terrorist group,” he said.
The Habilian Secretary-General said that the United States backs internal conflicts inside the countries, just like what they did in Iraq, therefore they plan such a scenario for Iran, then any group such as MKO which has such capability is good for them.
Hasheminejad is secretary-general of Human Rights NGO comprising of a group of families who have lost their beloved ones in terrorist operations during the early years of the Islamic Revolution.
He said that the terrorism case in Iran has recorded the names of over 17,000 innocent people who had been brutally killed by the US-backed terrorist groups, Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization, a clear evidence to prove the fact that Islamic Republic of Iran has been the biggest victim of terrorism.
The two-day event will be held on the sidelines of the 19th International Exhibition of the Press and News Agencies that kicked off on October 28 at Imam Khomeini Prayers Ground, Mosalla.
Media personalities of the World of Islam attended the meeting to review various related issues as well as establishment of a permanent secretariat.