Defected member of the Mujahedin-e Khalq terrorist organization wrote an open letter to Special representative of the UN Secretary General for Iraq, Martin Kobler, Wednesday srawing his attention to the patients in the organization.
The full text of the Gholami’s letter follows:
I, as one of the former officials of pmoi (People’s Mujahedin Organization of Iran) with 25 years record of service and a wounded of pmoi military operations, would like to draw your attention to the conditions of the patients and the wounded in this organization. After passing almost one month of the new year, 2012, no one has left Ashraf camp to another place yet. This is the method and the function of the pmoi leadership which by putting obstacles and hurdles and creating different excuses, disrupt the peaceful routine, but amid all problems the conditions of the patients and the wounded who are residing in Ashraf Camp, is the worst, so I am urging you to have special attention to the wounded and patients in this camp and you should prioritize them in leaving the Camp, in this regard I draw your attention to the following points:
1. Pmoi is a cultic organization which its members do not have any authority to make a decision. The Iranians who are captive in this cult, for years have been deprived of having any access to the Media. The pmoi members have been deprived of the preliminary facilities such as Radio, TV, Telephone, internet, and Newspaper, and the News which is given to the members of this cult is censored and chosen by the pmoi operatives. For this reason the members of this cult do not have any idea about their rights and international laws to make a decision freely and consciously.
2. The leaders of this cult by severe strangulation and suppression against their own members inside the organization and making false and fake accusations against all separated members of this cult, have created great concern and fear inside the organization and as a result of that the members of this cult because of their fear of punishment do not dare to leave the cult. The members who want to separate from the cult will be facing harsh and cruel punishments such as forcible participation in brainwashing sessions which in these sessions they will be beaten up and in continuation they will be facing imprisonment accompanied by inhuman tortures and in some cases even the dissidents got executed and disappeared.
3. This cult by different ways and methods brainwashes its own members and during many years of nonstop brainwashing, it has filled the head of its own members with many lies, for instance if someone separates from the cult will be indicted by Iranian and Iraqi intelligence service and they will be imprisoned, tortured and finally executed by them, so the members of this cult because of their fear of being caught and executed, do not dare to leave this cult whatsoever.
4. From 2003 to 2009 the Ashraf camp had been under the supervision and control of the US army and during those years, they had been receiving many facilities such as medication and medicine, medical facilities, fuel and food but none of those stuffs had ever reached to the hands of the cult members and instead those items were sold in Iraq black markets or they were used by the leaders and operatives of this cult. For instance I programmed a database for the pharmacy in Ashraf camp and to complete this programming I was going to this pharmacy consecutively for one year. I had seen many times that very big size boxes of medicine by the dimensions of 2 cubic meters were given to that pharmacy by the US army but during those years I had never seen even one of those medicines in the hands of the cult members whatsoever, and instead the leaders of this cult were saying to their patients that the Iraqi government does not allow the medical facilities to enter to the camp and we do not have any medicine.
5. The death of the patients and the wounded of this cult as a result of the lack of treatment: I would like to draw your attention to the health situation of the two of my friends, the first one Mr. Abbas Haj Husseini who in one of the cult military operations in 1988 got wounded by a bullet in his Cervical Spinal Cord and he got paralyzed, Abbas always wanted to go to Europe to be treated and cured but the leaders of this cult not only did not pay attention to his request, but also as I saw twice he was threatened by Massoud Rajavi, the leader of this cult, to be handed over to the Iranian government. The first time was in 1995 and the second time was in 2002, but unfortunately as a result of the lack of attention and treatment, he died and was buried in pmoi cemetery called Ghatayeh Morvarid (The Pearl) in Ashraf Camp.
My second friend, Mr. Farhad……… who in one of the pmoi military operations in 1986 got wounded by a bullet in his Lumbar Spinal Cord and he got paralyzed. Farhad always wanted to leave this cult but the leaders of this cult rejected his request all the time and finally in 2008 as a result of the foot bone fracture and the lack of treatment, his foot got infected and he died.
6. The leaders of this cult have been always endeavoring and struggling to cover up and conceal the situation of their patients and wounded so that no international organizations be able to have access to these patients and wounded because the leaders of this cult do not want to be accountable and responsive for their death.
According to the facts mentioned above, I am urging you to pay special attention to those patients and wounded and their juridical situation be prioritized so they can be able to have access to the doctor and medicine as soon as possible to prevent the death of many more. I had been in this cult till 2009, till then the number of the wounded, paralyzed and mutilation, was 50 and after 2009 during two conflicts which occurred in there, the number of injured has increased.
To help these people, first you should take them out of the cult perimeter so they can meet their medical needs and get familiar with their rights to make a decision for their future and life freely and consciously. In this regard I am ready to cooperate with you voluntarily and even, if it is necessary to go to Iraq to help those people, I will do it.