7th anniversary of Ahvaz bombing

On January 24, 2006, two separate bombs exploded in the southern Iranian city of Ahvaz at a bank and a government building, leaving 8 people dead and at least 46 wounded.

The first bomb went off at 9:30 a.m. at Kianpars area, inside the Saman Bank and killed 9 people and wounded 45 others; the second explosion took place on Golestan Road next to the Natural Resources Department, a state environmental agency, causing injuries but no deaths.

The so called 'Arab Struggle Movement for the Liberation of Ahvaz' (ASMLA) claimed responsibility for the attacks on 25 January. ASMLA is a terrorist organization that advocates the independence of Ahvaz from Iran. The group started its activities by detonating bombs in office buildings and public places. The Saman Bank was where one of these operations played out. A man enters the bank, sets down a briefcase and walks out. The briefcase explodes then, blowing the building inside out. ASMLA took full responsibility of the attack on its official website. While the ASMILA claims to be fighting for Arab people's rights, most of the victims in terrorist operations conducted by them are Iranian Arabs who live in Khuzestan province of Iran.

Habib Nebgan and Saeed Dabbat are the leaders of ASMLA. They operate from Denmark, leading another of the conflict hungry groups that use nationalism to justify their radical actions and as an excuse for terrorist operations against ordinary people.

7 years ago today, some Iranian families lost their loved ones again due to blind terrorist attacks rooted in ignorance and hatred of their conductors to prove once more that the Iranian nation is the biggest victim of terrorism.

There are people who lost parts of their bodies in those attacks. Some of whom will never be able to walk on their own feet again. Mansour Soltanzadeh, head of the Ahvaz medical school said after the bombings: "Two of the wounded had to have their legs amputated ... The legs of two teenage girls will most probably also need to be amputated in the Razi hospital because of deep burns."