An informed source in the Committee for the Evacuation of Ashraf said that the preparation for the sixth stage of the expulsion of MKO elements was started on Sunday.
According to the Habilian Foundation website, the source told the Ashraf News that 28 trucks loaded their belongings at Camp Ashraf and transferred them to Liberty.
According to the report, the items included refrigerators, air conditioners, and so on.
To date, roughly two-thirds of the residents of Camp Ashraf have been relocated to Camp Liberty. The last batch of MKO members were moved on 5 May. From then on, MKO leaders did not let any other members to be relocated inside Iraq under pretext that “minimum requirements have not been met by the Iraqi government.”
Earlier this month, Coordinator for Counterterrorism at the U.S. Department of State Daniel Benjamin said that the reason behind MKO’s insubordination is that they “have misinterpreted the June 1 order by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
“MEK leaders appear to believe that the Secretary has no choice now but to delist them.”
He further added that this conclusion is “quite plainly wrong.” “In short, the court did not order the Secretary of State to revoke the MEK designation as a Foreign Terrorist Organization.”
Daniel Benjamin then reiterated that Mujahedin-e Khalq “should act quickly and complete the relocation and close Camp Ashraf.”