'Iran to continue anti-PJAK intel. Work'

Iran's intelligence minister says that the country will continue its operations against the Party for Free Life of Kurdistan (PJAK) until the terrorist group is dismantled.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/203625.html

Heidar Moslehi told Mehr News Agency on Sunday that Iran would continue taking measures against PJAK until the terrorist cell is busted.

Deputy Commander of the Ground Forces of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Brigadier General Abdullah Araqi said on September 29 that PJAK had conceded defeat last week and pulled out of their main base, located in the Jasosan heights near Iran's western city of Sardasht.

He added that PJAK had accepted to retreat one kilometer away from the Iranian border and to refrain from military activities on Iran's soil and attempts to recruit Iranian nationals.

The senior IRGC commander said Iranian forces had killed 180 PJAK terrorists and wounded 300 others during the recent operations.

Members of the terrorist PJAK group -- an offshoot of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) -- regularly engage in armed clashes with Iranian security forces along the country's western borders with Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region.

Both terrorist groups launch their attacks from Iraq's Qandil Mountains in the areas under the control of Kurdistan Regional Government.

The United States in February 2009 designated PJAK as an international terrorist organization.


Leave your comments

Post comment as a guest

0 / 300 Character restriction
Your text should be in between 10-300 characters
Your comments are subjected to administrator's moderation.
  • No comments found